photo: allison michael orenstein

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Superstar Lady - T-Pain Cover by Neal Medlyn




GUEST POST BY NEAL MEDLYN!


I had forgotten this completely for a while, but my first public performance was for my 8th grade Speech class. To the best of my memory, I read the lyrics to Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy" aloud and then played the same song on my jambox while I did....what? I can't remember!

I think maybe just stood there?

Anyway, not sure what grade I got, but it led me into the theater department and to other song-related shenanigans like when I ran for Student Body President and my "speech" was just me playing the "Sanford & Son" theme over the PA in the school gym for the assembled students.

Oh, Bobby McFerrin.

So, for no particular reason than me wanting to do 6 tracks of 'oom's and 'beow's, today's Our Hit Parade cover is my Bobby McFerrin-ized version of "Superstar Lady" by the ubiquitous T-Pain!

Enjoy yourselves!

Neal Medlyn

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: Superstar Lady - T- Pain Cover by Neal Medlyn

this: on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment