photo: allison michael orenstein

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson Cover


UPDATE:  Please Re-download.   Put up early version by accident!  Also, you can just listen to the covers in the player at the bottom of each post.  Okay, back to Lost

    Unfortunately it is American Idol time again!  Unfortunately because I have to admit that though I should not be watching it, I am. Last night there was a particular woman who auditioned who made my brain explode.  She had a folder of notes and things she found on the computer about the proper way to sing gospel music.  She never bothered to learn how to say the words on the papers though so she was chock full of malapropisms.  Her best line, after a horrendous audition, was that she must have been singing "out of the wrong rectum"!  Kelly Clarkson would never have said such a thing.   Instead she comes out with this song.  Leave it to Kelly to have a pop hit (went right to number one on iTunes downloads today) with a song that uses the word dysfunctional, and the line 

"I know that I've got issues, but you're pretty messed up too"

It is sort of a Free To Be You and Me song.  

"I like what I look like and you're nice small, we don't have to change at all"

except in Kelly's song the guy has already left her for her prettier friend but now she dumped him and  he's coming back to Kelly for more.   Kelly doesn't think there is anything wrong with taking him back.  Poor Kelly.



Kenny Mellman




this: on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment