photo: allison michael orenstein

Monday, January 12, 2009

More Fun in The New World/Wake Up America - X/Miley Cyrus Cover


Click To Download: More Fun In The New World/Wake Up America - X/Miley Cyrus Cover


It's Medley Monday!
Went to Joe's Pub last night to see John Doe and Exene from X perform an acoustic set. Boy was it amazing! They were both in fine voice and the acoustic arrangements of the X and Knitters songs were perfect. Some idiot at the bar kept screaming out "More Fun in the New World". They never did sing it but they did sing "See How We Are" which was much maligned when it was released but over time, it is a song that has since become a classic. Last night they sang it with just an acoustic guitar and it was magical. I had tears streaming down my face. I loved X so much that back in San Francisco I tried to have my friend Rob carve an X in my arm. It all went horribly wrong and today I have a scar of half an X on my arm. Oh, and Miley Cyrus kinda rocks. In a totally different way.

Kenny Mellman





this: on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment