photo: allison michael orenstein

Monday, March 23, 2009

Candle - White Tie Affair Cover




MEDLEY MONDAY HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FLASHBACK FRIDAY THIS WEEK AS A) I FORGOT IT WAS MONDAY AND B) THE MEDLEY THIS WEEK IS ABOUT 10 SONGS FROM 1989. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!

One of my first crushes was David T., a senior at my highschool when I was a junior. He lived off of Mulholland Drive in Los Angeles and rode a motorcycle. We watched Purple Rain....A lot. First person I smoked pot with. I remember driving back from his house and having to take the canyons and listening to KROQ. He was one of the kids in Pete's Dragon and continued to get residual checks. I thought it was very glamorous that they were Disney checks. He went on to NYU and I visited him there once. We stayed in the dorms and everybody was high on E. We walked out of the dorm on Washington Square East and someone was breaking all of the plate-glass windows. I turned away and there was a woman with a huge keychain breaking into cars and stealing the stereos. I miss that NY.
"I'll be your candle on the water" was a song in Pete's Dragon sung by Helen Reddy. "Candle" is sung by the White Tie Affair. You choose..

Kenny


this: on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment