photo: allison michael orenstein

Saturday, May 23, 2009

If U Seek Amy - Britney Spears Cover by Carmine Covelli




Hello Our Hit Paraders. Here is my version of the controversial sensation that is sweeping the nation. Unexpected bonus: A photo of Amy Winehouse came up in my google image search! And here is a Wikipedia entry about this adorable song...

"If U Seek Amy" has caused controversy in some regions due to its use of a double entendre in the chorus, which can be interpreted as "all the boys and all the girls are begging to F-U-C-K me." Australian music site Undercover.com.au quoted parents as saying, "I was astonished and totally taken aback when I heard my 5 and 7 year old kids walking around the house singing 'F-U-C-K' ... When I asked them what it was, they told me it was Britney Spears. I was horrified." Rolling Stone defended Spears, arguing that parents should have been aware of the singer's musical themes. The private non-governmental self-appointed media watchdog group, the Parents Television Council, cautioned radio stations and cable music channels about broadcasting the music video for this song for the same reason.

Carmine

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: IF U Seek Amy Cover by Carmine Covelli

this: on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment