photo: allison michael orenstein

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Crack A Bottle - Eminem Cover with Neal Medlyn






Crack A Bottle - Eminem Cover with Neal Medlyn

      I have been spoiled by Kanye West.  Spoiled I say!  Cause I was a huge Eminem fan and have been waiting for the grand return.  And then he puts this out and I'm like....?  Bored isn't the right word but it seems like if you're going to go away for so long you better bring it when you do release something.  Like with Kanye, we get Stronger and then less than a year later we get Heartless?  That is fascinating.  Crack  A Bottle just seems like a second rate Eminem song.  That said, the hook is great and the chorus is beyond catchy.  But as Neal pointed out as soon as the rapping starts, your mind shuts off.  All three of them. Eminem/Dr. Dre and 50 Cent.  I have hopes that when an album drops, he might still have surprises for us.  A fairly faithful cover with lounge drums.   And my favorite part is when Neal sings "I love LA"!
Kenny


this: on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment